2023/2024 JUNIOR SUMMER COMPETITION
Junior SUMMER competitions are played on the following days during school terms
||U12 -U18 GIRLS
||MINIBALL & U13 MIXED
SDBA Miniball competition for ages U9-U11s will cost $110.00 per player per term, plus a one off $20.00 registration fee for new players
Junior competitions are age governed. Ages are based on the year of birth not the age a child turns during a competition. As the summer competition is played in 2023 it is the age you turn in 2023 that determines the age group you play in
- Born in 2013 and 2014 – Under 12
- Born in 2012 and 2012 – Under 13 (mixed comp)
- Born in 2011 and 2012 – Under 14
- Born in 2009 and 2010 – Under 16
- Born in 2007 and 2008 – Under 18
- The SUMMER Competition runs over term 4, 2023 & term 1, 2024
- Games are usually played between the following time slots 4.15pm, 5.05pm, 5.55pm , 6.45pm & possibly 7.40 pm.
- Game times will vary from competition to competition depending on the number of teams in each.
- You should expect that you will play at a different time each week
- Mini Ball and U13 Mixed are played on a Saturday from 1030am
- Registration is for 12 months and covers membership and insurance costs
- $135 for 12 to 17 years
- $90 for 10 to 11 years
- $20 for 6-9 years
- $20 for Mini Ball participants
- Club team players will be charged a club fee by their respective clubs
- Competition are $1450.00 per team plus a $50 nomination fee (payable at time of nomination). Team feeds will be due in week 6 of term and payable through the members portal.
- Once your child has been placed in a team they are expected to play in that team for the duration of the competition. (20 Weeks)
- If your child is unable to play due to injury or illness the competition fee will be transferred or refunded on presentation of a doctor’s certificate for games missed.
- Note: SDBA Miniball competition for ages U9-U11s will cost $110.00 for existing player per term and $130 for new players
- Competition Fees can be paid on line via the members portal. Registration must be completed online or in person at the SDBA office. The active kids voucher can be used for Registration and Competition fees.
- As basketball is a team sport it is an expectation that you will be committed to your team for the duration of the competition.
- A player has to have played 66% of competition games in his team to be eligible to play in the final series.
- Please ensure that registration fees and competition fees are paid on time. Notify the team contact or Association if your child is sick or away on school excursion or family holiday and cannot play a particular game /games.
During competition games each team is required to have a parent take a turn on the score bench.
SDBA teams only
Uniforms: You will need to purchase a playing singlet for $40.00. You will also need to buy a pair of plain black basketball shorts (no pockets).